Dé Máirt beidh ‘Safer Internet Day’ ann. Seo seans labhairt le do pháistí faoi chúrsaí teicneolaíochta, ríomhairí, fóin agus araile.
Tuesday, February 8th is ‘Safer Internet Day’. This is an opportunity for your family to assess the habits of the whole family and to think about how best to protect our children from the many dangers that exist online. The internet is a fabulous resource!! It is, and is going to always a big part of all of our lives – booking flights; ordering shopping; working from home; home-schooling; studying; keeping in touch with friends and family all over the world……….
***Increasingly in school we are being asked to sort out issues that arise from the children’s unsupervised internet use outside of school*** We do not have time to do this – it is up to us all as parents to know what our children are doing online.
None of us would let our children stand in the middle of Henry Street alone talking to random strangers – but we let them do this online……..
Children should never have access to the internet in their rooms or anywhere that isn’t a public space at home – kitchen, sitting room, etc.
- At www.webwise.ie you will find safety advice for young people and parents about how best to stay safe on line.
- Below please find information about an Internet Safety Parent Talk being hosted by Trend Micro next Monday evening at 7.30 p.m. Access is free and details are below.
Internet Safety Parent Talk
Free Event: teachers, parents and guardians all welcome to join; compliments of Trend Micro’s Internet Safety for Kids and Families Programme. (ISKF)
Invite Others: Please use this email and attached event flyers to invite others to join.
Monday Feb 7th, 2022 – 7.30pm
- Topics covered safety, privacy, managing time online, gaming, social networks and more.
- Q&A time for parents
- Irish Sign Language Interpreter will be present (Ray Greene)
Ø Join Zoom from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Webinar ID: 980 3529 5220 Password: 062769
- Event details and more https://www.trendmicro.com/internet-safety/eventsie
If you do not wish to receive future emails about upcoming internet safety events hosted by Trend Micro, please reply to this email.
Take care, and thank you for your continued support
Global Programme Manager, Internet Safety for Kids and Families.
IDA Business & Technology Park, Model Farm Rd, Cork, Ireland.
@TrendISKF_IE TrendMicroEurope trendiskfeurope