Tá a lán cleachtadh ar siúl ar scoil don pharáid agus táimid ag súil leis!!
We are doing a lot of practice at school for our St. Patrick’s Day Parade – children from every class are taking part!
Here are some pointers on keeping everyone safe on the day:
- Children from Naíonáin Bheaga, Naíonáin Mhóra, Rang 1 agus Rang 2 should wear their school tracksuits and dress them up as much as they like with hats, ribbons, badges, face paint… anything goes.
- Naíonáin Bheaga will be carrying Irish flags and Shamrocks during the parade.
- Naíonáin Mhóra will be carrying pompoms and batons during the parade.
- Rang 1 agus Rang 2 will be marching in lines of colour.
- Children from Rang 3 – Rang 6 are free to choose what they’d like to wear to celebrate being in the parade – we expect a few Johnny Sextons and Katie Taylors and all sorts of sports strips and lots of colour!!
- We will be gathering from 1.45 p.m. in the car park at the back of the Town Hall – we would like the parents of Naíonáin Bheaga and Naíonáin Mhóra to drop their children no earlier than 1.55 p.m. Parents will be welcome to walk with us at the side of the parade (just make sure that the children can be seen!!)
- The parade will finish up in St. Michael’s Square where the children will wait with staff behind safety barriers – we ask parents to collect children without delay after the parade and to make sure that you inform us that you are collecting your child!!
Táimid ag súil le lá taitneamach – We look forward to an enjoyable parade!
**Please remember that the 9 a.m. mass on St. Patrick’s Day will be ‘as Gaeilge’, Children from Rang 4 will perform a little drama based on the story of St Patrick at Gospel time and Eimear Ní Bhroin will sing during mass – Eimear is a former student of Scoil Uí Cheithearnaigh. This mass will be streamed live on churchservices.tv/ballinasloe