Bhí an chéad chruinniú de ‘Cairde na Scoile’ ann Déardaoin seo caite. Bhí dó-dheag ag an gcruinniú agus bhí go leor leithscéalta curtha isteach ó dhaoine narbh fhéidir leo a bheith ansin ar an oíche.
The first meeting of ‘Cairde na Scoile’ took place last Thursday evening, 28/09/23 . There were 12 people in attendance and a number of apologies were received from parents who were unable to attend.
No jobs were given out! Tea was drunk and a lovely atmosphere prevailed. Among the items that we discussed were:
- Crannchur na Nollag – Christmas Hamper Raffle
- Supporting ‘Díolachán na Nollag’
- Seirbhís Charúil na Nollag – Our Carol Service in Early December
- Bailliú Airgid – Fundraising – we’re looking for ideas!
- Safety in the evening-time and on our roundabout
- Book Club; Yoga Classes for Parents; Coffee Mornings
- Other Activities for Parents – creating a sense of Community.
- Collecting names of volunteers who would be available to accompany classes to the library
- Collecting names of volunteers available to read with children in school in small groups.
- An Autumn ‘Bulb Planting’ Project before the Halloween Break.
Cairde na Scoile will meet every six weeks to support the school and offer help and ideas.
[It was noted at the meeting that ‘Cairde na Scoile’ are not a ‘trouble-shooting’ or ‘question answering’ group – any parent with a query should address their query immediately to the school – staff are on hand every morning in the school yard for this purpose]